Sunday, September 24, 2006

Instructions---leaving a Permalink

I had this wonderful idea when I first read the new topic, but it's now Sunday and I am just now getting around to writing it up, so I hope someone else hasn't beaten me to this one. I couldn't think of a better set of instructions to share with Sunday Scribblers than the one passed on to me by my never-met but friend none-the-less, Briliant Donkey. Laini or Megg explained what a permalink was not: your basic blog address. And from that I figured that what I needed to do was go to the right entry in my blog and copy down every letter and punctuation mark on paper then go to Sunday Scribblings and copy it fastidiously into the comment section. But my mentor BD came to my rescue,unasked and unsolicited, just because he is a good guy. I have found so many of those in this blogging "community"; it is a precious serendipity.

So, to those of you, who like me, are relatively new to blogging, those of us who did not cut our teeth on computers or learn our alphabet from the keyboard, let me see if I can help you learn how to "leave your permalink."

1. Write your message and post your new writing to your own blog.
2. Open your blog page and find the "Previous Posts" list of links, which is in the side bar on either the right, or possibly left, side of your posted messages. The new writing should be the name at the top of this list.
3. Click on the name/title of the new writing.
4. Left click on the address which this has brought up in the address bar at the top.
5. Right click and select/highlight the word "copy" from the drop-down menu this has produced.
6. Open the comment section for the new Sunday Scribblings prompt.
7. Put your cursor in the comment box and right click. This time select "paste" from that drop-down menu.
You may put other comments in the comment box either above or below your permalink. But this is the very most important part of what you leave in that box. Then Megg or Laini will be able to link each of our blogs to the master list without headaches or annoyance. And we will all once again enjoy sharing in the profound and delightful writings of our fellow Sunday Scribblers.

PS. Oh, please, Megg and Laini, I hope I have gotten this right and made things easier for y'all and not more difficult. If I have messed it up, please let me know either by email or in the comments and I will do my best to retract and correct.

3 Comments:

Blogger Verity said...

Hi there, you can also highlight the link to your post, press Ctrl C for copy, then put your curser where you want to paste the link and press Ctrl V for paste.

10:46 AM  
Blogger sundaycynce said...

THank you. I will try that too. I am one of these people who only learn well by doing, so I will have to try it to really understand and remember it. But thanks, very much. I am still learning lots about all facets of computer and internet usage. SC

7:00 PM  
Blogger Repeater said...

Oh, computers.Always a learning curve. Thanks for stopping by my page- always happy to entertain- good tip about the mags, too. I'll try to find the time!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home