Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dream Journey SS #50

I love travel!! However I was amazed to discover about 5 years ago, how much the wonderful experience of travel pales for me when the trip is not shared. I simply do not enjoy finding and seeing new and gorgeous places alone. For me, more than half of the amazing delight of travel is in sharing the experience. So, my dream journey is to see some of the places I have discovered and loved with groups of friends, now with my best friend, the love of my life, my husband of 38 years who has not seen Europe at all.

I would really love to take him some day to revisit almost all the places I have seen there. But if I must select just a few for a dream journey, it would have to include: several days in Paris, plus brief visits to Chartre & Strausberg in France; Zermatt & Wengen , Switzerland; Saltzburg, Austria; a number of places in Italy, especially the little places: Orvieto, Assisi, and Rapallo, a tiny little town on the Italian Riviera; of course, Florence, Venice and Pompeii . I'd really like to include a Greek cruise as well, including Corfu, Rhodes, Santorini, and with a stop at Kushadisi, Turkey to visit the ruins of Ephesis . We'd come back home through England so I could take him to Stratford upon Avon and York. Finally, before coming back home, we would swing around through Hawaii, to revisit Kauai where we spent the closest thing we ever had to a honeymoon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home