Friday, May 25, 2007

Simple

Very little is truly simple. Some things seem so by comparison, because many things are truly complex. Making things simple, cutting back to the core, to the essence,this is often seen as a desirable objective. But to my way of thinking, there is nothing simple about doing so.



My apologies in advance, dear readers:

Remember the concept popularized by the movie "When Harry Met Sally" of being high maintenence? I was probably somewhat high maintenence even before Weight Watchers, but Weight Watchers taught me it was okay to be that way, not just okay but, in fact, wise. If I want to add my own salad dressing in a restaurant or I do not want my fish cooked in an ocean of drawn butter, I am paying for the restaurant to prepare that food and I deserve to have it prepared in the way that I can most enjoy it. Are you beginning to sense how difficult "simple" may be for me?



Okay, it is now 2 days later than when I originally started this topic/post and I have mulled it over for that entire period and I am more convinced than when I wrote the 2 paragraphs above that this topic is near the top of the uninspired topics for me in the 11 months I have been trying to do SS every week.



I even attempted one of those poems where you take each letter of the word and write a line that starts with that letter:

Savvy and probably safe

Inventive

More difficult than it seems

Probably wise and healthy

Lots of work!

Essential



Is that pathetic or what?? That's a rhetorical question.

I shall not bore any of us further. Have a simply wonderful week!

7 Comments:

Blogger myrtle beached whale said...

you struggled with simple. maybe that is because you are complex. I read your other blogs. none are pap.

8:02 PM  
Blogger sundaycynce said...

Thanks, MBW. I appreciate the reassurance.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

giggle. :)

At least you tried! Some weeks I don't even try... ;)

:)

10:03 PM  
Blogger rel said...

sundaycynce,
As an aside; I love that movie"When Harry met Sally". ;-0

Every week, EVERY, I struggle to find the right voice to represent, for me, the prompt.

I usually try to find something that i think will stand away from the mainstream and yet be of some modicum of interest.

In your post for today, I see the simple struggles most writers go through. You are honest and forthwright in telling us where you are at the given moment. And that is simply, a remarkable quality!
rel

5:16 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Nothing is simple really.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Yummyteece said...

Sunday Scribblings is meant to inspire or give us a general direction in which to go. However, Muses are finicky creatures... inspiration is not guaranteed simply because there is a prompt. Although you feel this prompt did not work for you.... it did stir up thoughts and a variety of approaches. I think that's exactly what it's supposed to do, and I think you did a damn fine job doing so.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

You've been doing the Sunday Scribblings for 11 months? That's impressive! Although we often feel like we need (or at least want) a muse to write, so much of writing is simply showing up at the page. Sometimes it's easy, and sometimes it's hard. Keep showing up!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home