Thursday, June 21, 2007

Secret Hope (#65)

I have a secret hope, a secret faith that people are basically more good than bad, more humane and loving and generous and cooperative, than self-serving. I believe that in every person there is something good and at least worthy of praise, if not actually loveable---that got me through 35 years of teaching secondary level (7th through 12th grade) public school; and that there are always, in every group, more good people than bad ones. I believe most people want good things to happen for everyone, not just for themselves and others like them. I believe in the power of faith and of people of faith working together.



About 2 weeks ago now, I received an email from a friend that struck me as extremely significant. It was inspiring and beautifully, wonderfully hopeful for our world. It has been quite a while since I received any idea I thought was truly hopeful, long range, for our world. I had just been pondering how to spread the message and blogging had occurred to me as a better way to reach a larger audience than merely forwarding it as an email. This week's Sunday Scribblings topic seemed to nudge me in the direction that this is the perfect format to share this beautiful hope. My secret dream is that we people, from all over this globe, by working together, can be a force for great good. It is really about restoring the equilibrium of the world.



There is a date on which we must act together. That date is July 17, 2007. There is also a time: 4:11 Greenwich Meridian Time, whatever time that is in your own time zone. At that time, for an hour we are simply to meditate and/or pray and think positive, hopeful, energetic or energizing thoughts, or simply reflect on our own beautiful positive memories. As I understand it, it is our united positivity that will help to Fire the Grid. The individual committment is to offer one hour of our time and positive energy toward the healing of this world and its people. I am asking each of you, please, to go to the site I am going to give you and read at least a part of what is there. I have never been taught to really create a link, so you may need to copy and paste this address. The address is http://www.firethegrid.org/index.htm The message is offered in 8 or 12 different languages. In English it is perfectly clear and eloquently grammatically correct. The message tells me what time 11:11 GMT is in my own time zone, I assume it is set up to tell you each what time it will be in your time period also.

It will cost many of us an hour of sleep. It will cost us each an hour of our time. But if it works, BUT IF IT WORKS ..... it will give our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren a lifetime to still enjoy all the good our world has to offer. Reading the information at the site will take some time, but it is divided up into managable chunks. Select and read it a chunk at a time. Read the background story first or the problem or the plan. Even the background music that will play while you are purusing the site is inspirational. I have not verified the site, I would not know how to start! But I find it inspirational. I simply believe!! I have faith in the good of people and this world. There is nothing negative, nothing dangerous about it. No committment is asked for, not even any information. No harm I know can possibly come to anyone, anywhere, as a result of an hour of prayer and meditation.

I have always loved the song "I Believe" (I would give credit to an author, but the site where I found all the words, listed 4 different authors) which begins with the words "I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows." It continues including the line "I believe above the storm the smallest prayer will still be heard"; and ends "Everytime I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf, or see the sky, then I know why I believe." It has always been a song I have sung to myself when I was sad or afraid. You too, if you'd like, can search the song by that first line and find all the words. It is a short song and very uplifting, very reassuring.

Perhaps you remember a movie called "The Abyss"; it was a favorite of mine. Made in 1989, it starred Ed Harris as the oil-rig chief and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as a scientist and his estranged wife. It was the story of an oil-rig crew on a mission to rescue a sunken nuclear sub. It was a perilous mission at best, exascerbated by a fierce storm. I don't really remember all the twists and sub-plots of the story, but certain elements of the story remind me a little and fondly of the initial background story for Firing the Grid, because when the Ed Harris character made the ultimate sacrifice, which was to dive to the bottom of the ocean to try, I think, to keep the nuclear charge from detonating-----he took a special small submersable down, knowing he would not possibly have the air to return, but didn't let his wife know there was no way he would make it back until after he reached the bottom----at that time, spiritual "creatures" (who appeared as beautiful pink lights, and whom we had seen moving around earlier in the show) came to him and saved him. It is a beautiful concept that if our motives are pure and totally altruistic, our goals for the good of ALL and the world, all spiritual beings in the universe can work together and have a positive impact.

The site I am trying to link you to and the plan are both called Fire the Grid.

We can do it! We can help to reconnect the world! My secret hope in this case is the belief that we as a people care enough about our world and its people to want to really do something to save it---something in which we work together, in a stong, united act of faith and good will.

Peace to you all and love, my blogging friends.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger sundaycynce said...

URGENT
URGENT COMMENT TO THOSE WHO READ MY BLOG:

I made 2 mistakes in the text of my blog.
1. there is NO L at the end of the web link!! It is actually http://www.firethegrid.org/index.htm
2. the GMT (actual time) for the world prayer and meditation is 11:11 GMT on July 17th. The 4:11 was Pacific time, where my original email came from, and it is 7:11 in my time zone.

PLEASE look til you locate the site.

Another good address for those who speak English is http://www.firethegrid.org/eng/MAIN-FR-2.htm

1:38 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Thanks for the link. We must all do what we can to try and effect positive change.

1:41 PM  
Blogger rel said...

sundaycynce,
Hey, it's worth a try. If it works...shazamm! If not...I've wasted an hour doing worse things.

I sang "I Believe" as a solo In my senior year's spring concert. I sang the Frankie Lane version. I still sing quite often.
rel

5:18 PM  
Blogger thefirecat said...

Shouldn't we each be doing this ALL THE TIME? It's so sad that they had to send beings to remind us to do this even for one hour....it should be our way of living....isn't that the way it once was?

6:53 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Glad you provided us that link. I am going to chk it out. Liked reading your post. Insightful.

9:20 AM  
Blogger sundaycynce said...

ME AGAIN

I was able to get into my text and change the mistakes before it actually was posted by SS, so the errors are no longer in my original post. However, I don't know how to delete my original comment.

Obviously I still have a lot to learn about blogging.

Thanks to all of you who have come and read and left comments. Thanks also to all who have visited the link whether or not you have left a comment. You are all important to me!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Yummyteece said...

I can't tell you how exciting I find the idea of "Firing the Grid".

Special bonus: that you are the one who brought the site to my attention. I think that's supercool of you. :)

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home